Happy Monday everyone!
I hope all of my US readers had a fantastic Thanksgiving holiday. I got to spend some much-needed time back in my hometown with my family and I'm finding it hard to adjust back to college mode. Only three more weeks until I'm on Christmas break!
With the latest onslaught of beauty deals in light of the Black Friday and Cyber Monday rushes, I've been thinking a lot about the products that are highest on my wishlist this holiday season. There are sooo many products that I am dying to try, but I've narrowed them down to my top 5 to discuss with you guys today!
1. Kat Von D Metal Matte palette: Every single time I look at this palette I die a little inside. It is SO gorgeous. I've been trying to incorporate color into my eyeshadow looks more lately, but I'm yet to find a non-custom rainbow palette that contains wearable shades. Every single color in this palette swatches beautifully, and I love that it contains both matte and foiled shades. Be still, my heart.
2. Anastatsia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in Sweets: I've heard nothing but rave reviews about the ABH glow kits and this one just screams out to me. The Sassy Grape and Taffy shades look so unique gorgeous, and the Marshmallow shade will be a perfect intense highlight shade for my pale-as-Casper skin tone. This whole kit is just all-around delightful and I need it on my face immediately.
3. BH Cosmetics Warm Stone palette: I've honestly begun to roll my eyes at the sheer volume of neutral palettes that are saturating the makeup market lately, but something about this one just stands out to me. For one thing, it's an incredibly affordable palette which is something that is important to me as you're all well aware of at this point. For another thing, the packaging is just to die for. The marbling is gorgeous and there's a large mirror inside which will be super convenient for travelling. I hate admitting that I judge a book by its cover but lets face it - I do. Lastly, the shade range is gorgeous - those orange, light pink, and maroon shades are calling my name. BH Cosmetics has managed to appease my cynicism over neutral palettes, so that is quite impressive!
4. Becca Backlight Priming Filter: I've been on a hunt for the perfect primer and I've heard awesome things about this one. I have dry skin, especially during the harsh New England winter months, and I've heard that this primer keeps your makeup looking dewy and like a glowy goddess all day. However it's definitely pricey for a primer so I'm interested to see how it holds up against its price point.
5. House of Lashes Iconic falsies: Falsies have become a new staple in my makeup collection, and I've been lusting after this pair in particular for years. I never felt super comfortable wearing false lashes in the past, but now that I've upped my lash-game, I feel ready to tackle these! For anyone who's a fan of ssssamanthaa on instagram and her various other social media platforms, you've probably heard her rave about these lashes before. That's honestly what brought them and House of Lashes as a company to my attention. The Iconic lashes look to be dense but not super heavy and really give your eyes a gorgeous pop. I have big plans to wear these on nights out, so maybe I'll get lucky and Santa will leave a pair for me under the tree.
So there you have it! Those are my five most-lusted after products for this holiday season. What's on your Christmas/Hannukah list this year? Leave a comment below telling me what you're lusting after, I want to hear all about it!